Thursday, February 26, 2009

GRAND VIEW TOPLESS COFFEE SHOP


I caught this cute article in the papers about a coffee shop in Maine that features a little extra skin while serving it's customers.

The Grand View Coffee Shop in Vassalboro, Maine has gone topless. Yep, that's their answer to the economic downturn. I understand their business has jumped.

The article itself had a great catch line: "Cup size has more than one meaning at a new central Maine coffeehouse". Good one right?

So the servers are topless at the Grand View, which opened its doors Monday on a busy road in Vassalboro. A sign outside says, "Over 18 only." Another says, "No cameras, no touching, cash only." Both male and female employees are topless. I expect they are all in terrific shape.

The patrons are as diverse as in any coffee shop, however they tend to linger a bit more. The source of the story says the Planning Board passed the business proposal and it meets the letter of the law.


Here's where the issue gets local. You may have noticed that Muddy Cup has shut down on Broadway in Kingston. What do you say we petition the "Grand View" owners to become a franchise and resume sales right here on Grand Street.

Sales tax is sales tax. Might even offer a bigger crowds for karaoke night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you're on to something!

Anonymous said...

I'm heading to Maine!

Anonymous said...

Madsen for Governor,,,, on this issue alone, you're a landslide winner,,,

Anonymous said...

Yo Mike - I think there "might" be a better place for my photo (ahem) if you want to use it...

Not that I'm a prude, mind you... but I'd personally rather not see Broadway become become more like Bourbon Street...

I'd like to see the place, instead, become more of a clubhouse for (depending on time of day / night) all ages...

Booze free. Tops on. All that jazz...

Ah well...

I do have a sense of humor... it is just "dry" at the moment!

Too bad I can't paste one of those spinning head google eyed thingings on here...

But them's the breaks!

Peace,

NS