Friday, October 23, 2009

PHIL TERPENING

Today we gather to pay our respects to a great man. A warm, giving and focused man who served the community he loved as only he could.

Phil Terpening is going to be missed. You've read it in several reports and will hear it from his closest friends. But I haven't had the long history that many who knew him so well had. But for the occasional moments I did engage Phil, I found him to be one of the most approachable members of the County Legislature.

He would take the time to listen to all who sought his advise or banter. He was a big man. I had hopes of serving with Phil for as he said, his last term on the Legislature. I wont have that chance.

But there is a greater loss for his brother and daughter who will feel his absence a great deal more than we will. Our warm thoughts go out to them on this sad day.

No comments: