Saturday, July 31, 2010

MADE2ENVY: KINGSTON POINT: SAT & SUN

I guess I'm still a muscle car enthusiast inside. I saw the signs around Kingston this week announcing the 10th annual MADE2ENVY car show down at Kingston Point Beach and had to take a peek. I am always pleasantly surprised at the variety of cars and trucks they feature at these shows.
Some make us drool, some make us laugh, But some remind us of when we tinkered with wrenches and aftermarket accessories. Yea those were the days. This generation of car & truck showmen are just dealing with newer models and state-of-the -art modifications. They all looked great.

I have to say great idea having the event at the Point Beach and Park space. It's spacious enough for the event, doesn't mess with downtown traffic and allowed families the opportunity to bring the kids. My hat's off to the Rec Department for offering this location.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am shocked that the car show had never used the beach property before. It makes so much sense. The soccer field isn't being used and the pavillion is drastically underutilized. Kevin and his staff are to be commended for making this work at the point.

Clark Richters said...

I Like this...

Anonymous said...

Sure the park setting is good for the event, but did it add to the county sales tax like last year when it was on the strand?
The resaurants had a 2 hour waiting list on the two evenings the car show was down there. I think our local business owners suffered from the new location.

Anonymous said...

has any one seen the damage to the road that the cars did with there burn outs the car show was great but now who fixs the road

Anonymous said...

Did Clark have to pay a fee to the City for filming this?